I am a small business owner in Roanoke, VA & a pawn shop co- owner. I met Mr Douthat at our pawn shop when he came in to browse for a guitar. Mr Douthat convinced me to buy several items from Dhgate.com after we started discussing my business. I took his phone number 540-314-9770 and spoke to him by phone several times before deciding to order from Dhgate. I also had him video chat with me, and get a group video chat going with some of the Dhgate staff in Beijing. I had a group chat with 2 Dhgate reps & Douthat. After the group chat and having my questions/concerns answered to satisfaction, I was satisfied to go ahead and order. I ordered several cell phones, cameras & different items including several cell phone accessories. My total was over $1000 USD. Nearly 2 MONTHS & several phone calls with Douthat later, I finally received a small package that had chinese writing on it. Couldn't read it. Opened it to find 2 iPhones. They were clones. In chinese & you could not read or understand siri because it was in chinese. There was also no option to change the language! I was very upset and called Mr Douthat immediately. A chinese girl answered his phone & said he wasn't available then hung up. I called back again & got voicemail. The voicemail was a chinese guy. It said (please leaving your message and we will call you back) I did not get a call back. I called and left another message the next day. Did not get a call back. I have called more than 10 times now & haven't received any word from Douthat. From Oct 2nd 2015. I am very upset and have found several other people upset with him and Dhgate too. I just want this order to be completed, and get what I actually ordered or just return my money. I will let everyone know about this guy & his company. He is in the hands of the chinese and I don't think he cares about his fellow americans. I think he cares more about the chinese & what they think about him than he does us. Also if you search his company Dhgate, you will find literally 1000s of complaints and a few mention him.
I am having friends post this to Facebook & will post it everywhere. Please do not trust Douthat. Douthat--- Do the right thing & give me what I ordered or give me my money back! I attached a photo I found on a Ripoff.com report of Douthat. Also the picture of the package I got in chinese.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Made a purchase with Smartmart From DGgate on March 10,2016 Order #34896015 I pay the Total of USA $294 for 4 lot of skirt 10 piece each lot,The seller only..."
- "There is a seller on DHGate called honeywedding. DO NOT purchase from this seller. I ordered a wedding dress from this seller. I got it, I loved it. I ordered..."
- "I have been asking for DHGate's help on resolving this issue since purchase of a machine from seller goshoppingnow for over $1400 going on for over 8 months now. We..."
- "Purchased 4 of the Hudson Street Faux Suede 22 x 22 in. Decorative Pillows in Mocha from Jet.com and they were shipped from Hayneedle. Wished I had known they were..."
- "Banfield sedated my dog to turn her upside down and shake her to remove fluid from her lungs, it stopped her heart. I don't have proof her heart stopped, but..."
- "2 things to start with we bought this tv after many comparsions and all around search not even 3 months ago. Still well within the warranty,AFTER a few days plugged..."
- "This driver was sitting in traffic blocking the road for 20 minutes talking on his cell phone. I stopped because i use this company and thought the truck was disabled..."
- "Good day, We bought a Westinghouse TV ($238) from Wal-Mart in Brossard, Quebec, Canada on the 16th of July 2016, less than a month and half later it wouldn’t work,..."
- "These outfitters should be shut down due to unsafe practices and placing the public at risk. There place of business is in shambles, failing practically every code, they don't require..."