100% full Not resolved

I am a small business owner in Roanoke, VA & a pawn shop co- owner. I met Mr Douthat at our pawn shop when he came in to browse for a guitar. Mr Douthat convinced me to buy several items from Dhgate.com after we started discussing my business. I took his phone number 540-314-9770 and spoke to him by phone several times before deciding to order from Dhgate. I also had him video chat with me, and get a group video chat going with some of the Dhgate staff in Beijing. I had a group chat with 2 Dhgate reps & Douthat. After the group chat and having my questions/concerns answered to satisfaction, I was satisfied to go ahead and order. I ordered several cell phones, cameras & different items including several cell phone accessories. My total was over $1000 USD. Nearly 2 MONTHS & several phone calls with Douthat later, I finally received a small package that had chinese writing on it. Couldn't read it. Opened it to find 2 iPhones. They were clones. In chinese & you could not read or understand siri because it was in chinese. There was also no option to change the language! I was very upset and called Mr Douthat immediately. A chinese girl answered his phone & said he wasn't available then hung up. I called back again & got voicemail. The voicemail was a chinese guy. It said (please leaving your message and we will call you back) I did not get a call back. I called and left another message the next day. Did not get a call back. I have called more than 10 times now & haven't received any word from Douthat. From Oct 2nd 2015. I am very upset and have found several other people upset with him and Dhgate too. I just want this order to be completed, and get what I actually ordered or just return my money. I will let everyone know about this guy & his company. He is in the hands of the chinese and I don't think he cares about his fellow americans. I think he cares more about the chinese & what they think about him than he does us. Also if you search his company Dhgate, you will find literally 1000s of complaints and a few mention him.

I am having friends post this to Facebook & will post it everywhere. Please do not trust Douthat. Douthat--- Do the right thing & give me what I ordered or give me my money back! I attached a photo I found on a Ripoff.com report of Douthat. Also the picture of the package I got in chinese.

Dan

Review about: Iphone.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not as described / $1000
Preferred solution Deliver product or service ordered

Had an Experience with Dhgate?

Comments

Rick Cavagnaro

Subject: PO#1581123769-Arbitration

From: Resolution Center

To: Me [rickcavagnaro@gmail.com]

Type: About dispute in DHgate

Submit Time: 2015-11-13 09:27:03

Dear Richard Cavagnaro_1443980288057, This is Sam again.We are so sorry to hear that the item you received cannot work properly.

I understand that you would like to return it for a full refund. I would like to extend my deepest apology for any inconvenience that this concern might have caused you. Please allow me to explain things for you. I have reviewed the details of this case, as well as the listing, the photos of the item, and communication between you and the seller.

After doing so, I'm afraid the item in your evidence is not sold by this seller. Because of this, we have to close the case without issuing a refund. I understand this might not have been the outcome you were hoping for, but I trust you understand our decision in this case. Thank you for your understanding and I wish you the best of luck with your future online trading.

Have a nice day! Yours sincerely, Sam DHgate Resolution Center DHgate.com From: Me 2015-11-17 03:45:03 Corolla sent a defective item, I provided more than enough evidence to the fact, and yet you ruled in favor of your seller, who is an outright liar and cheat. DHGate is complicit and corrupt as well. I will make this know throughout the internet and I can assure you of far greater losses in the future.

Taking...

Go to the police
Salem, Virginia, United States #1048310

Saw your Happy's flea market post about this guy.On their Facebook.

You said he kisses Chinese a**. This guy probably literally kisses chinese butt.

w/ a Chinese girlfriend LOLOLOL Go to the police.The Roanoke county has fraud and internet crime units.

Go to the police
Salem, Virginia, United States #1048302

Saw your comment about this guy on Happy's Facebook.Your right he kisses Chinese ***.

Literally. Even has a Chinese girlfriend LOL I wouldn't trust him. I have heard from some people around Happy's though he sells quality products. Didn't know his name.

Just knew his face.

Go to the police. See if they can help you out.

Roanoke County I think they have a unit dedicated to internet crime and fraud.Good luck!!!