I am a small business owner in Roanoke, VA & a pawn shop co- owner. I met Mr Douthat at our pawn shop when he came in to browse for a guitar. Mr Douthat convinced me to buy several items from Dhgate.com after we started discussing my business. I took his phone number 540-314-9770 and spoke to him by phone several times before deciding to order from Dhgate. I also had him video chat with me, and get a group video chat going with some of the Dhgate staff in Beijing. I had a group chat with 2 Dhgate reps & Douthat. After the group chat and having my questions/concerns answered to satisfaction, I was satisfied to go ahead and order. I ordered several cell phones, cameras & different items including several cell phone accessories. My total was over $1000 USD. Nearly 2 MONTHS & several phone calls with Douthat later, I finally received a small package that had chinese writing on it. Couldn't read it. Opened it to find 2 iPhones. They were clones. In chinese & you could not read or understand siri because it was in chinese. There was also no option to change the language! I was very upset and called Mr Douthat immediately. A chinese girl answered his phone & said he wasn't available then hung up. I called back again & got voicemail. The voicemail was a chinese guy. It said (please leaving your message and we will call you back) I did not get a call back. I called and left another message the next day. Did not get a call back. I have called more than 10 times now & haven't received any word from Douthat. From Oct 2nd 2015. I am very upset and have found several other people upset with him and Dhgate too. I just want this order to be completed, and get what I actually ordered or just return my money. I will let everyone know about this guy & his company. He is in the hands of the chinese and I don't think he cares about his fellow americans. I think he cares more about the chinese & what they think about him than he does us. Also if you search his company Dhgate, you will find literally 1000s of complaints and a few mention him.
I am having friends post this to Facebook & will post it everywhere. Please do not trust Douthat. Douthat--- Do the right thing & give me what I ordered or give me my money back! I attached a photo I found on a Ripoff.com report of Douthat. Also the picture of the package I got in chinese.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- " 2014 New Fashion Women's Blouse Lace Sleeve Loose Tops round neck T-shirt Chiffion Tops Emboriey Gorgeous long Sleeve SHIRTS Free Shipping Item code: 210741821 I purchased 2 of the same shirts from..."
- "Recently made my first transaction with DHGate. Here are my two cents to those who are weighing in on shopping with them. In short the seller obdtoolfactory has sent me a..."
- "I ordered a prom dress for my daughter. Within a with of each other I received two of the exact same dress different prices. Mind you only one order number..."
- "I watched a Sonic commercial promoting their breakfast. I didn't even know they had breakfast and I live right around the corner. I arrive around 8am and I was the..."
- "There is a dangerous and anonymous cyber-terrorist going around the internet named MrMikesArseHole. He has several accounts on YouTube and on other sites he uses to torture people with and..."
- "Justin Guilliams Greg Vercetti Buddy Montgomery all these names are the same as the basement toys in Roanoke va. The problem is that Justin Guilliams AKA Greg Vercetti and his..."
- "My first purchase from this internet company of a 17.00 Hummingbird Feeder with a nearly $12.00 S&H charge, of which is 70 % of the cost. For some unknown reason, the..."
- "I bought a primo bottom loader water cooler it also Wiil give u hot water for tea etc. I had it for 6. Months and both functions failed. ..."
- "I bought a couch from the Gardner White on Hall Road on Friday, October 21st. I scheduled a 4pm-11pm delivery for today, October 25th, since it was the earliest they..."