Dhgate - Dress Review from Virginia Beach, Virginia
Update added by user Aug 08, 2016
GHGate takes pictures from fashion magazines and posts them so that you think you are buying the dress they are illustrating.Once you buy the item you find out that they are having someone in China attempt to remake the dress.
It takes a long time to receive it -- then, when you get the dress it's obviously not as nice looking or of the same quality. When you attempt to return the dress and get a refund you get offered a low amount or nothing at all. If you end up getting an offer of a full refund then you need to ship the item back to China -- which - low and behold costs almost as much as the dress you bought. This company should NOT be allowed to get away with this type of "customer service".
People would be better off not getting anything from them unless they don't care if they buy something they were not expecting and are rich enough to not care if they can't get a full refund unless they spend a fortune to get it.I will make sure that I continue to post my experience with this firm in the hopes of saving other people from this firm.
Original review posted by user Aug 07, 2016
The items are not as attractive as the pictures they use to advertise the clothes.Basically the picture you see was taken from a magazine and then someone in China TRIES to copy the dress.
It doesn't look the same, the colors are off and it's clearly NOT the same look or quality. When you get the item and see that it's not what you wanted then you have to beg the seller to give you a refund - but guess what? They offer you maybe $30 on a 167.00 dress. OR you can keep disputing and have to ship the item back for a refund (if you are lucky) but you have to pay $67-100) to ship it back to China.
So here is my advice -- shop local USA where it's not hard to return an item that isn't what you thought it would be.
This place is a rip off and frustrating as heck to deal with.Save yourself the heartache.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Privacy and Data Security|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I have been asking for DHGate's help on resolving this issue since purchase of a machine from seller goshoppingnow for over $1400 going on for over 8 months now. We..."
- "Made a purchase with Smartmart From DGgate on March 10,2016 Order #34896015 I pay the Total of USA $294 for 4 lot of skirt 10 piece each lot,The seller only..."
- "I bought 7 pair of shoes from hot_shoes they shoved them all in one box smashed and creases in the side of shoes stitches was crookeed quality was garbage the..."
- "I bought products from this company from a vendor they had in the mall. I spent $129 which was a 'great deal' but, after testing the products I thought why..."
- "When the quote representative/salesperson called, they proceeded to ask questions about my prospective purchase and still refused to give a comparative estimate of various plans! They claimed that I had..."
- "Jeld Wen did not reply to several emails requesting assistance in locating replacement parts for their bifold doors. Multiple Emails were sent to Customer Service via the company website submission..."
- "I ordered a coat from the company, but couldn't make sense of their size chart so when I received it it was too small. I decided to sell it..."
- "As I visit Virginia Beach on a regular basis, I often visit the 7-11, which has a number of stores in the area. On Sunday the 14th I selected the..."
- "October 12, 2014 Sunday7:00 pm I purchased a barbecue sandwhich and drove home. As I got ready to take a ***, I flipped the sandwhich over and noticed that the..."