DHGate You pay for seller deliberately sending wrong goods

642 of 661 Dhgate reviews

Update added by user Nov 08, 2012

This was received on the 7th of November 2 days after they closed the order and paid the seller.

Thank you for contacting us here at DHgate.

Sorry to bring you inconvenience.We have checked your dispute which your seller has offered returnning address on 10-15.If you log into your account to check dispute,you will get it.

Contact Name:Yuwen Deng;

Country:china;

State:Guangdong;

City:Guangzhou;

Address:2 street 10 shatou Panyu;

Postal Code:511400;

MobilePhone:13570237473;

Unfortunately the dispute is closed as of 2 days previous to this message with all details cleared. I have checked the sellers direct messages and there is no address given.

Update added by user Nov 05, 2012

I have now lost. As mentioned before. DHGate ihave ignored all messages sent to them. They sent out the return item message the night befoire I left for Singapore and closed the transaction the night before I returned. They never answered one email or internal message, never acknowledged that I was leaving for a few days. I was never given the return address for the seller. This was received on the 30th..........

Dear buyer,

The seller has provided you with a return address for order number  1233150450. Please add the delivery tracking number for the returned item(s) before 11/04/2012.

Please Note:

Ensure that you return items to the seller in the condition you received them. Ensure packaging is sufficient to avoid any further damage. Use the authorized carrier to ensure that the delivery tracking number for the returned item(s) is valid and correct.

Thanks for your cooperation!

DHgate.com

I returned home on the 5th, which they had known about for over one month, so they sent this on the 3rd.

Dear buyer,

Regarding order number 1233150450, please provide a tracking number for returned item(s) as soon as possible. If no tracking number is provided before 11/04/2012, the payment will be automatically released to the seller.

We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to your response! Thanks!

DHgate.com

I leave you to draw your own conclusions.

Update added by user Oct 30, 2012

I have just received this from DHGate. I have commented on the unusual timing of them sending me this the night before I have told them I a leaving home. Coincidence? Despite their message I have heard nothing form the seller so I cannot return the item anyway. Do they really expect them to be reliable now?

Please Note:

Thanks for your cooperation!

Update added by user Oct 29, 2012

Now theres odd......

I have just received a message from DHGate to tell me that they are now considering the evidence and that I can submit my opinion if I so wish.I did ask, not expecting a reply, who this Phoebe is that told me I either accept $60 or risk losing everything by sending it back and that I had 10 days to decide.

Then again, their website says they are still waiting for evidence.Perm any one from 3, your guess is as good as mine.

Original review posted by user Oct 26, 2012

I ordered a flashlight made by Jetfast and certified for use in the Oil, gas and mining industry.Electrical items made for this industry have to be made to a higher standard or stronger.

They also cost a lot more and unfortuantely unobtainable where I live. I needed one quick so the item plus express mail was about $153. Shortly after ordering I noticed that the flashlight had disappeared from DHGates website so I sent an email to the supplier, Pyjade008. He sent one back that said, basically, no problem its being sent now.

When it arrived however, it was made by Camel, not Jetfast and it was not certified for use in hazardous areas, i.e. oil, gas and mining industry, therefore useless to me. The invoice that came with it said $30. Pyjade008 at no time advised me of the substitution or that a refund was in order, he simply said he had run out of that item and could not give me a full refund and that I had to pay to send it back to him.

Disagreeing with that I put it to DHGate arbitration. They said that unless I returned it within 10 working days I will be deemed as accepting the item and will be due a rebate of only $60. Otherwise I have to send it back and accept the postage costs and because I will not get a refund until Pyjade008 acknowledges receipt, if it goes missing enroute, I will end up paying the full amount and get nothing in return. DHGate's own website does state that returned items postage is paid for by the buyer.

Well, I can understand that for items ordered by mistake, i.e. wrong size, wrong colour, but, where the seller has deliberately sent the wrong item I can only strongly disagree.

I am now waiting, depsite asking for it twice, the sellers return adress.I will have to take a hit on the registered postage and end up with nothing to show for it.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
642 of 661 Dhgate reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.