I purchased an item from DHGate.com, item wasn't available, vendor couldn't simply tell me that, he had to string me along for almost two months, hoping he could get the textile in time to meet their "deadline" for shipping, which holds them accountable for their Buyer Guarantee program, where if they can't meet the deadline, you will be compensated $20.
Vendor couldn't get the textile in time, but he decides to print a label the day the shipping deadline is due, and ends up sending me a pair of disposable women's socks, the kind department stores have on hand to try on shoes.
You can't get anybody on the phone, being that it's a Chinese company, so all communication is done via Chat, which is actually not so bad. However, after months of discussion and agreement, I have been awaiting my compensation, and can not get anywhere. The last straw came today when a DHGate employee stood up for his vendor and refused to compensate me, based on a technicality in the verbiage of the Buyer Guarantee program. It states that as long as a Tracking Number is uploaded in the system prior to the deadline, I am not due compensation.
I highly recommend you do business elsewhere. These past five months have been a complete waste of my time and energy, and I thought I was saving a few dollars. Fortunately, I have taken screenshots of all my correspondence with this dreadful organization, should I need to use it for any consumer advocacy watch group.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- Friendliness of service
What I disliked
- False advertising
- Deceitful tactics
- Did not stand behind buyer guarantee
- Lack of control over vendors
- Ability to contact
- Reason of review:
- Company did not stand behind their main Credo
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Xuba Long John Thermal Underwear
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
You May Also Like
- "I ordered a custom dress because i loved the desigh from beautiful bridal seller after i checked the feedback 100% positive and 208 transactions. When i open the box i..."
- "i bought a set of 10 pieces lipsticks specific colors and the seller sent me different items(individual) and different colors. i ask for a refund because i lost money and..."
- "I received the dress over a month late, and upon opening it - it was of poor quality, and the fit was terrible. Any alterations needed would have been..."
- "I am a nice woman. And the only thing I can this happens is some dirt bag, Middle Aged man- got offended that I didn't text him back!! As..."
- "I purchased a property through US invest after talking to Ryan McFarland. Ryan guaranteed the property would be refurbished and that it was in a good area. After purchasing the property US..."
- "I purchased 5 mats from CocoMatsNMore.com for $214.59. They arrived frayed, unraveling, dry, and loosely woven. I complained to the company (Scott at 866-561-1921) within 7 days of their arrival...."
- "My van was repossessed over 468.00 on 10/26/16 while i was on the phone with Westlake trying to make a payment. The repo driver hooked the vehicle so the agent..."
- "I received a "Lucky 7 Bamboo" plant from my son for my birthday. It came with a container that was 4 times the size of the plant and stones..."
- "My name is Courtney and I work for the carnival Reithoffers Shows located in Aiken, SC right now. On wednesday October 26 2016 at about 3:45 am I arrived at..."