I purchased an item from DHGate.com, item wasn't available, vendor couldn't simply tell me that, he had to string me along for almost two months, hoping he could get the textile in time to meet their "deadline" for shipping, which holds them accountable for their Buyer Guarantee program, where if they can't meet the deadline, you will be compensated $20.
Vendor couldn't get the textile in time, but he decides to print a label the day the shipping deadline is due, and ends up sending me a pair of disposable women's socks, the kind department stores have on hand to try on shoes.
You can't get anybody on the phone, being that it's a Chinese company, so all communication is done via Chat, which is actually not so bad. However, after months of discussion and agreement, I have been awaiting my compensation, and can not get anywhere. The last straw came today when a DHGate employee stood up for his vendor and refused to compensate me, based on a technicality in the verbiage of the Buyer Guarantee program. It states that as long as a Tracking Number is uploaded in the system prior to the deadline, I am not due compensation.
I highly recommend you do business elsewhere. These past five months have been a complete waste of my time and energy, and I thought I was saving a few dollars. Fortunately, I have taken screenshots of all my correspondence with this dreadful organization, should I need to use it for any consumer advocacy watch group.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- Friendliness of service
What I disliked
- False advertising
- Deceitful tactics
- Did not stand behind buyer guarantee
- Lack of control over vendors
- Ability to contact
- Reason of review:
- Company did not stand behind their main Credo
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Xuba Long John Thermal Underwear
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
You May Also Like
- "If I could give this seller ZERO stars I would. In fact I would give them negative stars if I could. Ordered a balance scooter, was promised it would be..."
- "Recently made my first transaction with DHGate. Here are my two cents to those who are weighing in on shopping with them. In short the seller obdtoolfactory has sent me a..."
- "I PURCHASED A BRIDESMAIDS DRESS OFF dhGATE OFF A COMPANY CALLED ELEGANTDRESSES (STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY). THEY SENT THE WRONG DRESS ORIGINALLY AND I MESSAGED THEME IMMEDIATELY. ..."
- "DELTA is a Joke! After seeing bolts lose on a DELTA 767 engine and taking pictures of it I tried to call Delta. I wanted them to be aware of..."
- "I went to a CVS yesterday 06Aug15 to buy some makeup because I forgot my makeup at work and I was traveling. I purchased the attached items and only used..."
- "The perfume scammers at Scentura won't give Investigative guy John Mattes a manager job.Why do they always kick him out from all the offices he goes to . What..."
- "With fashion, food, architecture JESSE KEYES with KAROLINZ ZMARLAK, 1 7th AVENUE SOUTH and LA ESQUINA, are all superb businesses. So happy to be partners with them. We have been..."
- " Disgusted with this company. I'd just set up my own Ltd company, and being completely naive and trusting, I was told by a rather smug *** scammer known as..."
- "Good day, We bought a Westinghouse TV ($238) from Wal-Mart in Brossard, Quebec, Canada on the 16th of July 2016, less than a month and half later it wouldn’t work,..."