I purchased an item from DHGate.com, item wasn't available, vendor couldn't simply tell me that, he had to string me along for almost two months, hoping he could get the textile in time to meet their "deadline" for shipping, which holds them accountable for their Buyer Guarantee program, where if they can't meet the deadline, you will be compensated $20.
Vendor couldn't get the textile in time, but he decides to print a label the day the shipping deadline is due, and ends up sending me a pair of disposable women's socks, the kind department stores have on hand to try on shoes.
You can't get anybody on the phone, being that it's a Chinese company, so all communication is done via Chat, which is actually not so bad. However, after months of discussion and agreement, I have been awaiting my compensation, and can not get anywhere. The last straw came today when a DHGate employee stood up for his vendor and refused to compensate me, based on a technicality in the verbiage of the Buyer Guarantee program. It states that as long as a Tracking Number is uploaded in the system prior to the deadline, I am not due compensation.
I highly recommend you do business elsewhere. These past five months have been a complete waste of my time and energy, and I thought I was saving a few dollars. Fortunately, I have taken screenshots of all my correspondence with this dreadful organization, should I need to use it for any consumer advocacy watch group.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- Friendliness of service
What I disliked
- False advertising
- Deceitful tactics
- Did not stand behind buyer guarantee
- Lack of control over vendors
- Ability to contact
- Reason of review:
- Company did not stand behind their main Credo
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Xuba Long John Thermal Underwear
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Hi All, I have order iphone 6s clone on dhgate (PO: 31707179) and my *** of experience started there. 1. Seller shipped the item by quoting wrong price (Actual price i paid..."
- " I Purchased a tool on 7-21-15. It arrived late and damaged. Asked for money back. Seller finally agreed to refund if I sent product back to them. I sent..."
- "bought my dress, it came looking nothing like i asked it was see through. I could see my butt crack and the bra cups it was cheap material and looked..."
- "Ordered and paid, nothing shipped, no tracking, but took my money SCAM!!!!!!..."
- "Bushnell, IL Dollar General is AWFUL! It is UNORGANIZED, FILTHY, and RUDE. This Dollar General is a disaster as soon as you enter the Store. There are CLUTTER all over,..."
- "My husband went to CVS and purchased a MoneyPak by Greendot card and loaded $400. He came home and follow instructions to activate his prepaid card with the $400 online...."
- "Our 4 year old Trex deck started flaking. Trex had been sued re this problem and settled. Because of the lawsuit they had to follow up on our claim. After..."
- "My friends and I were a tenant at Robert Brown's beach house in Mission Beach.... When we missed a payment for one month he threatened to sue us and keep..."
- "DELTA is a Joke! After seeing bolts lose on a DELTA 767 engine and taking pictures of it I tried to call Delta. I wanted them to be aware of..."