Update added by user Apr 01, 2016
Their online customer service chat line is operated by software Bots, and not a live person.I've placed several orders through DHgate, which went without a hitch.
But, after placing the CNC machine order, I was caught totally off guard by seller / merchant aka: "Xing Jia," "Yawen1141" shaking me down for shipping fees when shipping was advertised "free." That's when I discovered that DHgate's Customer Service is nothing more than "window dressing" or a mirage.Totally ineffective.
Original review posted by user Mar 31, 2016
If you have a problem with a seller.Such as a "bait-n-switch" scam where the seller lists a product and purports that shipping is free.
You pay your money. Then seller ask for your personal email to update you on an "important" matter. The seller notifys you stating that he is "experiencing problems with Customs." Suggests to you that it would be a lot faster to ship via DHL, but you will need to pay XYZ amount of dollars through Western Union's (WU Pay) to seller's pay account. What do you do, or how do you handle this situation?
DHgate.com's customer service. Nope. It's one big SHAM! They have a virtual customer service chat line which utilizes "Bots," an algorithm software to make you think that you are chatting with a real person.
Secondly, their so-called telephone contact number is nothing more than an outgoing recorded message. I have received several successful placed orders that went smoothly. However, it just takes on slick seller / merchant to screw it up for you and say you are done with DGgate.com; especially with you put out several hundreds of dollars on a piece of merchandise that you never received or you ended up paying more than what the seller advertised, such as the ole "bait-n-switch" scam. Don't count on DHgate.com to make you whole, in the event that something goes wrong.
In this case, the seller's user name is yawen1141 and their company email is So.., Buyer Beware.
Because DHgate.com renders no assistance.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
What I disliked
- No live customer service only bots
- Fraudulent business practices
- Unable to reach a live person
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
You May Also Like
- "I have ordered Roshe shoes, size US 8 (UK5.5) in black and white, but received a size US 5.5 (UK 3) in a speckled black and white colour. When..."
- "I ordered 8 tablets and 20 of the fitness monitors. I received nothing! They keep saying they sent them. This is a SCAM. Items were on sale. Soon after prices..."
- "my experience with this seller is unacceptable . every day kept asking money for customs, storage and all the most trivial excuses . Bottom line : I lost 3000 Euros..."
- "Just bought these 2 months ago. Today the sole at the heel came away from the sneaker. They must use some pretty cheap glue to have them fall apart after..."
- "Jeld Wen did not reply to several emails requesting assistance in locating replacement parts for their bifold doors. Multiple Emails were sent to Customer Service via the company website submission..."
- "Gregory Jones, Southlake Texas is seeking investors but only take your money! He takes investment and does nothing but file law papers to steal your money! He is a scammer!..."