Update added by user Apr 01
Their online customer service chat line is operated by software Bots, and not a live person.I've placed several orders through DHgate, which went without a hitch.
But, after placing the CNC machine order, I was caught totally off guard by seller / merchant aka: "Xing Jia," "Yawen1141" shaking me down for shipping fees when shipping was advertised "free." That's when I discovered that DHgate's Customer Service is nothing more than "window dressing" or a mirage.Totally ineffective.
Original review posted by user Mar 31
If you have a problem with a seller.Such as a "bait-n-switch" scam where the seller lists a product and purports that shipping is free.
You pay your money. Then seller ask for your personal email to update you on an "important" matter. The seller notifys you stating that he is "experiencing problems with Customs." Suggests to you that it would be a lot faster to ship via DHL, but you will need to pay XYZ amount of dollars through Western Union's (WU Pay) to seller's pay account. What do you do, or how do you handle this situation?
DHgate.com's customer service. Nope. It's one big SHAM! They have a virtual customer service chat line which utilizes "Bots," an algorithm software to make you think that you are chatting with a real person.
Secondly, their so-called telephone contact number is nothing more than an outgoing recorded message. I have received several successful placed orders that went smoothly. However, it just takes on slick seller / merchant to screw it up for you and say you are done with DGgate.com; especially with you put out several hundreds of dollars on a piece of merchandise that you never received or you ended up paying more than what the seller advertised, such as the ole "bait-n-switch" scam. Don't count on DHgate.com to make you whole, in the event that something goes wrong.
In this case, the seller's user name is yawen1141 and their company email is So.., Buyer Beware.
Because DHgate.com renders no assistance.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
What I disliked
- No live customer service only bots
- Fraudulent business practices
- Unable to reach a live person
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
You May Also Like
- "Hi All, I have order iphone 6s clone on dhgate (PO: 31707179) and my *** of experience started there. 1. Seller shipped the item by quoting wrong price (Actual price i paid..."
- "La calidad de los materiales de la correa, del reloj y sobre todo de la caja y complementos, hace que esta compra sea de las mejores que he hecho,..."
- "i bought a set of 10 pieces lipsticks specific colors and the seller sent me different items(individual) and different colors. i ask for a refund because i lost money and..."
- " Disgusted with this company. I'd just set up my own Ltd company, and being completely naive and trusting, I was told by a rather smug *** scammer known as..."
- "Good day, We bought a Westinghouse TV ($238) from Wal-Mart in Brossard, Quebec, Canada on the 16th of July 2016, less than a month and half later it wouldn’t work,..."
- "I went to nearby 7-11 at my area blk 641 I grab my stuff and waited for the casher to scan instead of coming to me straight he finish his..."